1/10/10 - First Marathon; Disneyworld, FL (Official time 5:36 in 28-40F degree weather)- PR!
|Less than 1/4 mile after crippling IT pain |
almost caused me to drop out of the race.
|Hubby's first marathon too|
|Despite a little lingering IT pain, I set an unexpected PR on this very hilly course by 11 min; |
My best Half time since the 2008 Disneyland Half thanks to careful training and a solid IT rehab plan
6/6/10 - San Diego Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon (Official time 2:01) - PR!
|Dying in the final stretch (look - no IT wrap!!!). I remember a feeling of disbelief when I |
realized I was coming in 3.5 min faster than planned; and so close to 2 hrs!!
7/4/10 Village Runner 4th of July 5K (Official time 23:51) - PR!
|Even though I missed my goal time by 21 seconds (because I went out too fast),|
I shaved 57 seconds off my 2009 time. I finished in the top 10 in my age/gender group!
7/22/10 - 7/25/10 Comic Con International (San Diego)
Totally unrelated to running but worth mentioning here because it was so much fun - and we deserved it!
|I heart Smallville. |
We waited in line for 4 hours to see the cast panel (lining up at 6 am!)
|Who doesn't remember Geordi La Forge (aka Levar Burton)? |
Super nice guy, acting cool for the pic. Reading Rainbow anyone?
|Master Chief from the Halo game series for XBox.|
I am a self-proclaimed video game addict. Don't bother me - I'm playing Halo!
8/19/10 - 8/22/10 - Family vacation to La Grange, GA
Our first lessons learned about running in terribly high humidity and heat. My first time becoming disoriented and scared on a run. Nevertheless, a great vacation!
|Hubby and nephew at Calloway Gardens|
|Fun times on a pontoon boat|
9/5/10 - Disneyland Half Marathon (Official time 1:57) - PR!
|On the heels of a terrible flu, I managed to PR by 4.5 minutes over the SD RnR Half.|
My fastest time on this course was 2:20 in 2008 as my IT injury held me back to 2:28 in 2009.
|My fave Finish pic of the hubby to date. |
After a challenging year, he PR'd!
11/6/10 - Santa Barbara International Marathon (Official time 4:57) - PR!
My 2nd marathon. So different from Disneyworld. I over-analyzed, recapped and followed up with lessons learned. While I did break 5 hours (38 minute PR), I was expecting a 4:50 finish and beat myself up over it for days. I'm over it now. :-)
11/14/10 Calabasas Classic 5K and 10K
One of the best times I've had during a race. A fun run with our best friends who were visiting from St. Paul. All 4 of us ran both races. No time expectations, no pressure, just FUN! It was a
- As of 12/31/10, I will have run 976 miles this year. Wow. Almost 1,000. I had no idea.
- Understanding IT pain triggers, early warning signs and irritants
- Mental trickery and visualization - I can override my left brain like never before. Bring on the challenging times!!
- Form "a-ha's" (midfoot, careful not to overstride) - transitioning to Lunar Glides this month.
- Consecutive PRs
- Break the 1,000 mile mark by the end of 2011
- Stay healthy and injury free
- Galloway training group - inspire more people to run and love it!
- Continue building base-mileage - according to most predictions, I'm still under-performing (in fear of injuring IT?)
- Cross train more frequently (yoga, strength, cycle)
- Run Surf City Half in 1:55 - Feb 6
- Run Grandma's Marathon in 4:30 - June 18
- Fingers crossed I get into the ING NY Marathon
Happy New Year everyone!
2011 is looking great already!!!